Downtown Easton Façade Grant Applications Now Available
Easton Main Street Initiative’s partnership with Northampton County opens façade grants to property and business owners.
Easton, PA, March 31, 2016
– In order to encourage rehabilitation of building façades and improve signage in the downtown business district, the Easton Main Street Initiative (EMSI) program announces the open application period for façade grant monies. With Northampton County Council's continued support, EMSI is able to use funds from the Community Investment Partnership Program, Community Improvement Grant through the Department of Community and Economic Development of Northampton County (NC DCED) to assist property and business owners in paying for improvements, signage, and design costs.
Eligible buildings must be located in the “Main Street Revitalization Target Area,” a 20 square block area which is designated from Rt. 22 south to Washington Street and Larry Holmes Drive west to 6th Street. Any exterior improvements will be considered for the grant including paint, windows, repointing, doors, maintenance, façade repair, lighting, and signage.
The grant program is a fifty percent match of project costs up to $10,000. Signage grants will be matched up to $1,500. Design professional fees are also eligible for grant funding as part of the total project.
This is a competitive process and applications will be reviewed by the EMSI Design Committee and evaluated on a point system scale. Applications will be evaluated taking into consideration the following criteria:
· Location /visibility from main corridors
· Aesthetic impact
· Business impact
· Historic impact
· Significance of the Grant to the success of the project
· Use of building
· Project amount
· Use of design professional
· Overall proposal of the project
· Applicant’s ability to carry out the project
All designs must be in keeping with the Easton Historic District Guidelines and recommendations of the Historic District Commission (HDC). Additionally, City building permit or zoning approval must be received, where needed, in order to be eligible for funding.
All applications must be submitted by Monday, May 9th, 2016, for consideration. The full guidelines and application can be viewed at www.eastonmainstreet.org/facade
. Additional questions may be directed to Kim Kmetz, Main Street Manager, at (610) 330-9940 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The County of Northampton Community Improvement Grants funded from the Community Investment Partnership Program (CIPP) provide resources to Northampton County’s aging communities that lack access to resources in implementing comprehensive community revitalization plans and strategies that will improve the quality of life for their citizens and create opportunities to stimulate, attract and sustain economic development. The CIPP is a new approach designed to assist the County in prioritizing and allocating resources for the Northampton County Department of Community and Economic Development (NCDCED). NCDCED is funding the program using approximately $1 million dollars of Northampton County Local Share Table games revenue.
For more information on the Easton Main Street Initiative organization, visit us online at www.EastonMainStreet.org.