When do I need a permit?

In accordance with the Uniform Construction Code, anyone who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the use of a building, or to erect, install enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert, or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, shall obtain the required permits. Any facade work or signage may also require a certificate of appropriateness from the Historic District Commission. Contact Code Office for more information or by downloading from our Forms and Documents Section. If you have questions or need guidance call 610-250-6724.

Permit applications can be obtained from the Department of Code Enforcement
Second Floor
123 S 3rd Street
Easton, PA

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. What do I do if a building seems unsafe and requires repairs and maintenance?
3. What if a neighboring yard is full of high weeds, along with weeds in gutters and tree wells, or the street trees have dangerous or broken limbs?
4. What if there is a "nuisance house" on the street and it is the source of all kinds of problems?
5. What if I live in an apartment that is infested with roaches?
6. What if my landlord doesn't provide smoke detectors in our building?
7. What should I do if garbage and debris is piling up on the lot or yard next door?
8. What should I do if a neighbor's home burglar alarm rings for hours?
9. Are we allowed to burns leaves and other debris in the backyard?
10. What should I do if I see garbage cans placed at the curb all the time?
11. What do I do about litter?
12. What about garbage that is overflowing and smells?
13. What about owners that don't clean up after dogs?