What do I have to do to open a Food/Eating and Drinking Establishment?

Thank you for your inquiry to operate a Food/Eating and Drinking Establishment in the City of Easton. Enclosed you will find an application for a Food Service Facility Plan Review to be filled out and brought back to me. To process your paperwork any further you must first obtain your zoning approval from the Zoning Office located on the 3rd floor of City Hall or by calling them at 610-250-6724. Once you have been approved please complete the following information to proceed with your application process of your facility.

  • You will need proof that you registered your "trade name" with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Harrisburg, PA.
    • Register online
  • You will need a Pennsylvania Revenue Sales Tax ID Number.
  • You will need to have a City of Easton Business License, which can be obtained by stopping by City Hall on the 2nd floor to see Mr. Michael Joseph 610-250-6755
  • As part of the State of Pennsylvania's requirements for compliance with the PA Food Employee Certification, please notice the enclosed letter regarding this requirement.
  • Please see the enclosed "Consumer Advisory" for important menu requirements

Once the above has been completed you will be eligible to make an application for your City of Easton Health License. During this time frame, a series of preliminary inspections can and will be conducted.

If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above-mentioned, please feel free to contact the Health Bureau at 610-250-6608.

Show All Answers

1. What do I have to do to open a Food/Eating and Drinking Establishment?
2. Where can employees get the training and certifications needed for food establishments?