General Zoning Information
No change in the use or occupancy of land or an existing building shall be made, nor shall any new building be occupied without a Certificate of Occupancy.
- A prerequisite to obtaining a CO is zoning review and approval by the Zoning Office
- Subsequent reviews may be required by the Bureau of Codes and Inspections
- Subdivision and land development plans must be submitted with a zoning permit application and then be reviewed by the Easton Planning Commission
- Any business involving food preparation will require application and inspection by the Bureau of Heath
- Every business shall obtain a City of Easton Business License
When submitting a zoning permit application for a business or commercial use, the following information is required:
- Application for a change of use of an existing commercial or business space must also include dimensional criteria.
- If the business proposed involves seating (eating and drinking establishment) a floor plan showing seating arrangement, restrooms, and kitchen area must be submitted for review.
- Number of parking spaces available
- Square footage of space to be occupied
- Type of business proposed
When submitting a zoning permit application for new construction or additions/expansions of existing structures, a detailed site plan must be included showing the following information:
- Any facade work or signage may require a certificate of appropriateness from the Historic District Commission (contact the Code Office for more information).
- Both existing and proposed structures (square footage)
- Distance between building(s) and property lines
- Distance between structures
- Impervious surfaces
- Neighboring land uses
- Parking available/proposed
- Property dimensions
Other projects that may require zoning review and approval are installation of fences and retaining walls, swimming pools, accessory structures, decks, patios, and driveways.
For further information please contact the Zoning Office or call 610-250-6609
Zoning applications may be submitted online at our Public Portal or at the Department of Planning and Codes on the 2nd Floor at:
123 S Third Street
Easton, PA 18042